I spend the better part of 2 days trying and configuring springloaded which detects changes in Controllers dynamically. Development becomes a breeze if this is setup since every small backend change requires us to recompile the module and restart the server. @ssmusoke and @dkayiwa had been a great help, but alas I was unable to do so. I had also fallen a bit back on my schedule due to this.
Finally I got down to revamping the dashboard. I briefly consulted my mentors but this week I was mostly up on my own. While redesigning the dashboard, it was my primary aim that everything be displayed in a very ‘up-front’ sort of a fashion and the admin shoudn’t have to look around much.
Coding was pretty much only dealing with HTML, JSP and JSTL. I learnt quite a lot about JSTL tags this week since fetching the data from the backend and delivering them to the UI in an orderly fashion was quite the challenge since the past 2 days. I even pulled an all-nighter on Sunday to meet the dealine of completing the dashboard. I guess it’s mostly done with today. Finally, here’s the screenshot!
That’s about it for this week. I saw the new ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ movie this week and spent some quality time with my parents over the weekend.